When: Sunday 3 – Saturday 9 November 2024.
Where: Sahara Desert, Morocco
An unmissable opportunity to join the team from Hope for Tomorrow on this amazing challenge in the Sahara Desert, Morocco and help raise vital funds for the charity. This challenge takes place from Sunday 3 – Saturday 9 November 2024. You will trek over five days, over varying desert terrain, experiencing dramatic changes in temperature, as well as desert camping. A true challenge!
For all the runners out there, the trek loosely follows part of the Marathon des Sables, denoted by the little coloured pebbles on the ground.
Fully supported by Tribal Tracks‘ local guides, their fantastic chefs, a Tribal Tracks leader, as well as jeeps and camels, this trek is simply awe-inspiring.
Challenge highlights – see the full itinerary here:
- Experience the varied terrain and the wildlife of the Sahara Desert;
- Trek over plateaus and sand dunes and through valleys, gorges, and stunning oases
- Trek between 15-31km per day, total of 100km;
- Fully supported trek with camels and desert guides and cooks;
- Experience the extremes of the desert’s day and night temperatures;
- Sleep under canvas, after an evening looking at the clear African skies around the campfire;
- Enjoy the final night celebration (and a hot shower!) to salute the group’s impressive achievement.